Are back to school costs a financial burden to you?
Please talk to our lending team and avoid moneylenders.
The Irish League of Credit Union recently commissed it’s ROI annual, national survey of back-to-school-costs. Below are some of the main findings:
- Well over a third (36%) of parents in Ireland are in debt to cover back-to-school costs, increasing from 29% in 2017.
- Parents of primary school children are, on average, in debt of €367 – up from €345 in 2017. For secondary school parents, the average debt reported is €443 – compared with €415 last year.
- Increasing numbers turning to moneylenders to cope with the back-to-school spend. 27% of parents in debt reported turning to a moneylender, compared with 20% last year.
- Almost one third of parents (31%) are forced to deny children certain back to school items because they cannot afford them. This is up from 25% last year.
- Overall costs are down – falling to €999 per primary school child and €1,379 per secondary school child.
- 67% of parents said back-to-school costs are a financial burden.
- However, almost half of parents (46%) say costs remain the biggest back-to-school related money worry.
If you find yourself struggling with the costs of back to school – why not have a chat with our lending team.
What can you expect to pay?
|Loan amount||Weekly Repayments over 1 year|
Representative example: €1,000 borrowed over 1 year at a variable rate of 9.99% (10.46% APR) equates to 52 weekly repayments of €20.24 and a total amount repayable of €1,051.52.
Why choose Waterford Credit Union?
✔ Excellent interest rate – 9.99% (APR 10.46%)
✔ Flexible repayment options
✔ Full online banking
✔ High loan approval rating – over 96%
✔ No transaction fees
✔ No penalties for early repayments
✔ Free loan protection insurance
✔ Potential interest loan rebate
It’s easy to apply!
- CALL: 051-861 616
- CLICK: https://www.waterfordcu.ie/loans
- EMAIL: email@example.com
- VISIT us at our Parnell Street or Upper Grange offices
Waterford Credit Union Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland, terms and conditions apply. If you do not meet the repayments on your loan, your account will go into arrears. This may aff ect your credit rating. Loans are subject to individual assessment. Terms and conditions apply. *APR = Annual Percentage Rate