“I have been a member of Waterford Credit Union for a few years but mainly used my account for saving. I didn’t realise they had so much to offer to be honest. When my bank moved to self-service machines, I missed the personal touch so I switched my current account over WCU. I get my wages paid directly in. I find the mobile app ideal for keeping tabs on my bills and spending!“
– Aoife, Dunmore Road.
We provide a wide range of services to help you manage your finance.
- 95% Loan Applications approved
- Easy Loan Application Process
- Quick Loan Decision
- No saving history required when borrowing
- Flexible Loan Repayment Options
- Free Loan Protection Insurance
- No Transaction Fees on personal accounts
- No Penalties for Early Loan Repayment
- Payment Protection Insurance (optional)
- Competitive Loan Rates
- Online Banking & Mobile App
- Potential Interest Rebate
Please note: In effect from March 2021, there is a share cap in place of €15,000 per Adult member account (over 16 years), and a share cap in place of €10,000 for Kids accounts (under 16 years).
All members have access to multiple sections within their account;
- Shares – this is your main savings account
- Stamp – this is a secondary savings account (some members may use the stamp section to save if their shares are held as security for a loan)
- EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) – this section can be used for bill payments, standing orders etc.
- Current – this is a full service Current Account