In need of hospital treatment or surgery? We can help cover the cost…
Waterford CU has partnered with Kingsbridge Private Hospital in Belfast to offer members a flexible loan to cover the cost of their treatment or surgery. When a member receives treatment across the border under the *Northern Ireland planned healthcare scheme, they will receive reimbursement through the HSE.
Waterford CU can offer members a fast and flexible loan which they will repay when they receive their *reimbursement.
What are the first steps for the member?
- Contact the Kingsbridge Private Hospital Cross-Border Team on 048 9068 8858 or, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, visit * https://kingsbridgeprivatehospital.com/
- The team will provide full details and information on how you can receive treatment – also outline the criteria you must satisfy in order to receive the HSE reimbursement.
- Once the member have details on the cost of surgery/treatment, they apply to Waterford CU for a loan to cover the cost.
- After treatment, the member will receive their HSE refund, which will be paid towards their outstanding WCU loan.
- The member will continue to repay the outstanding balance on their loan until it is cleared in full.
Once the loan is approved, what’s next?
- Once the loan is approved, a cheque will be made payable or, an electronic transfer direct to Kingsbridge Private Hospital.
- KPH will have given the member a payment request form with full details including their patient ref number for electroinc payments.
Do members get the full cost of surgery back?
No. Members receive up to 90% refund from the HSE for the cost of surgery/treatment.
What is the cost of the loan?
- Loans < €18,000 – a variable rate of 9.99% (10.46% APR) applies
- Loans > €18,000 – a variable rate of 7.99% (8.28% APR) applies
Our lending team will go through all repayment options on application stage.
Why borrow form Waterford Credit Union?
- Free Loan Protection Insurance
- Flexible Repayment Options
- 96% of applications approved
- No penalties for early repayment
- Quick turnaround time
- Easy process
How to apply for a loan?
- Online at waterfordcu.ie/loans
- Email: email@example.com
- Call: 051-861 616
Although this partnership is not directly a local one, it is a service that will help a lot of local people have access to surgery and consultants that may take years on current HSE waiting lists.
Waterford Credit Union Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. Loans are subject to individual assessment. T&C’s apply. Members that qualify for cross border surgery, receive up to 90% refund from the HSE. Outstanding loan balances after refund is paid to Waterford Credit Union, must be repaid in full. If you do not meet the repayments on your loan, your account will go into arrears. This may affect your credit rating.