Digital Marketing Officer
Position: Digital Marketing Officer
Reporting to: Marketing & Business Development Manager
Contract: Full-Time Position
About Waterford Credit union:
Waterford Credit Union (WCU) is a large community credit union with three offices and over €180M in assets. Waterford Credit Union is firmly rooted within the communities where we serve our members and the community to the best of our ability whilst at all times striving to maintain the highest professional standards.
A unique opportunity has arisen within WCU for a highly motivated individual who is looking to develop their Digital Marketing experience in this entry level Digital Marketing Officer role.
Overview of Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsibility to create and publish relevant communications and marketing content across various digital and social platforms.
- Work closely with the wider teams across the credit union to help identify and generate opportunities to develop relevant content material for the different platforms.
- Data and analytics reporting – carry out ongoing analysis of online marketing performance. Use the data to interpret insights and trends and make recommendations to inform data-driven decisions.
- To provide analytics and insight on the performance of and engagement in digital and communication initiatives, generate reports as required, and contribute to digital and social strategy development. Act as a central coordination point for all digital activities to ensure they are visible to the wider organisation and executed in line with the strategic objective.
Website & Social Media Management:
- Website Management – ensure the website is up-to-date and used to its full potential. This involves being the key instigator for the website and primary liaison with content contributors across the credit union and our external marketing agency for web support and maintenance.
- Social Media – create, edit, publish and share compelling content that drives engagement across all social media channels, as well as responding to “Member” care inquiries.
- To contribute to and manage relationships with third-party vendors as required, such as digital and creative agencies, social media and technological organisations, partner organisations, and more.
- An understanding of CRO, Google Analytics, SEO, social media insights, online media, performance analysis, and digital ad technologies, you will have the ability to develop, analyse, report, and take action on digital statistics to increase conversion.
- Demonstrating an in-depth understanding of all aspect’s digital media, you will manage our social media presence, drive the expansion of new social platforms and manage Waterford Credit Unions website from a content, maintenance and development perspective.
- Development of alternative or additional communication techniques e.g. Teams, Slack, Instant Messaging.
- Email marketing – implement email marketing campaigns by developing and distributing targeted content to our databases across the credit union using an email marketing tool.
- Content marketing – create relevant engaging text, image, graphic & video-based content in line with the credit union brand.
- Develop and implement a digital content strategy to support organisations goals e.g. increased lending, product awareness, brand awareness, increase volunteer network, newsletters etc.
- Play a key role in a range of campaigns for WCU, including design, promotional materials, events, listings, liaising with printing companies, generating reports etc.
- Liaise with internal teams to garner an understanding of the inbound marketing environment and develop and execute an insight-led digital marketing plan that builds brand recognition and creates inbound sales leads
- Run PPC, paid social media, and display advertising campaigns from end to end.
- Increase traffic to the website through SEO enhancements and content creation.
- Communicate achievements, brand values, and personality through social media channels
- Make sure that all digital marketing activity is tracked and linked to the sales cycle.
- Develop and manage the reporting of digital marketing activities that shows performance and provides insights (engagement & abandonment of campaigns) for future improvement.
- Develop new e-mail marketing campaigns to reach our members and in support and promotion our Waterford Credit Unions products and services. Specifically, develop a launch plan for new products.
Key understanding of the credit union ethos, understanding of how the credit union supports and is an integral part of the community and promotion of the CU ethos through all platforms
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities and will be reviewed and changed to meet the developing demands of Waterford Credit Union.
The successful candidate should possess:
- A Third level qualification in a marketing-related discipline, some previous experience in digital marketing would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and digital marketing channels.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to work within tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities, and balance short-term needs with long-term strategic initiatives.
- Keen knowledge of storytelling through multiple media channels – from video to magazine article; Instagram stories; Snapchat channels to Facebook Live; photo essay to gif tweets – both visual and written, with experience in brand and creative strategy, an excellent understanding of the interplay offline and online and between paid, earned and owned channels.
- Experience in social media and community-building online, including in-depth understanding of social media platforms, market trends, best practices, content planning, development and publishing, social media metrics, analytics and benchmarks, including tracking and understanding attribution from social media, web technology, mobile campaigns.
- Experience building out sustained influencer programs that deliver results.
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills
- Demonstrable competency in online content management systems
- Professional familiarity with social media sites, online marketing, and monitoring tools
- Ability to think creatively, have strong attention to detail, and be proactive in nature.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and possess the skills to effectively work within cross-functional teams in a collaborative environment. This includes digital project management using Microsoft Teams or an equivalent digital tool.
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 10th July 2022
Shortlisting may apply and assessment will be completed on the basis of the information provided in the application
Applications through IrishJobs.ie
Waterford Credit Union Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer