Head of Lending
6-month, Fixed term
Part Time (Minimum 21 hours)
Across our 3 Offices
2 in every 4 Saturday work will apply
Waterford Credit Union (WCU), a large community credit union with three offices and over €180M in assets is firmly rooted within the communities where we serve our members and the community to the best of our ability whilst at all times striving to maintain the highest professional standards. A unique opportunity has arisen within WCU for a highly motivated individual with a proven track record in Lending and Customer Excellence to join our Lending team.
The Loan Officer will report directly to the Head of Lending and will be primarily responsible for assisting the Head of Lending in preparing and assessing loan applications from members in line with lending policies/procedures, ensuring all legislative and regulatory requirements are adhered to.
The Loan Officer will also assist with the growth of the loan book in line with the Strategic Plan and operational business goals, while if not already, working towards becoming QFA approved and have full APA Loans.
The successful candidate will ensure a high level of loan processing are achieved and exceeded and high levels of customer satisfaction are maintained while delivering a best-in-class standard of customer service to our members.
The Loan Officer will be responsible for promoting services and products that benefit Members. The role requires the Loan Officer to have an approachable and professional manner and work effectively to ensure Member satisfaction and ultimately Member retention and repeat business.
What the role will involve:
- Participate in the effective and efficient running of the Lending function to ensure a greatly enhanced experience for members.
- Comply with all lending, legislative and regulatory policies.
- Assess loan applications to determine the ability to repay in accordance with Lending Policy and approve applications that fall within the relevant loan approval category. (Initially Loan Officers will be expected to approve loans up to a defined limit however this amount may alter with experience and Lending Policy).
- Be confident in providing an efficient service to members including liaising with members loan applications and Credit Union queries in person, by telephone or online.
- Credit Underwriting experience required within personal lending.
- Completion of various administrative tasks that constitute a loan application, in a timely manner, ensuring all necessary conditions are complied with prior to loan issue.
- Assist with the assessment of loan applications as an individual and as part of the wider Credit/Lending team to ensure that the loan approval process is robust.
- Promote loans in conjunction with the Marketing & Development team.
- Monitor take-up and report on a weekly basis to the Head of Lending.
- Contribute to the successful management and follow-up on loan application pipeline.
- Liaise with other staff to recognise lending opportunities and direct these opportunities to the Credit Union.
- Support the development of the Lending function and any other ad hoc duties as directed by the Lending Head of Lending delivering an excellent member experience by providing an efficient face to face and/or digital service to members while adhering to service level standards and compliance.
- In conjunction with the Head of Lending ensure that the Credit Union is compliant with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Keep up to date on promotional initiatives and new products and services being implemented within the Credit Union.
- Proactively participate and aid in the coordination of continuous training and development in order to provide the highest levels of service in quality and focus to members at all times.
- Promote a culture that reflects the Credit Union’s values and encourages exceptional performance and excellent member services.
- Participate in all process improvement service enhancements.
- Responsible for providing ongoing education and information to members in regard to Waterford Credit Unions real time policies and procedures.
- Identify opportunities to improve our member’s financial well-being by cross-selling Credit Union products and services.
- Communicate effectively and sensitively when responding to Members in person, on the phone and through digital channels within GDPR guidelines.
- Maintain accurate and concise records in line with relevant data policies and procedures.
The above list is not exhaustive and may be subject to change in line with the needs of the business.
What are we looking for?
- Minimum 2 year’s lending experience in the Financial Services Sector (credit union/banking experience desirable)
- Ability to digest data, analyse information and relate that to the loans process.
- Results driven in a fast-paced environment
- Customer focused with a proven track record delivering exemplary customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong interpersonal skills
- Active listening skills to accurately respond to enquiries and requests
- Demonstrate strong analytical and numerical skills
- Detail oriented and well organized with exemplary manner
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook applications along with good typing skills.
- Able to achieve all individual operational targets without compromising on Quality of Service
- Flexible and adaptable with a positive attitude to change
- Productive work habits, time management, workload management and priority setting in line with quality decision making
- Effective compliance with policies and procedures
- Be Member focused and alignment with ethos and values of Waterford Credit Union
- Flexibility and adaptability to learn and work on different tasks under different situations
- Drive and energy, desire to get results, ability to take action, to get things done, having a strong action orientation
- Friendly and approachable believing in teamwork and collaboration
If you are interested in this role, please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Monday 11th July 2022.