Current Account & Debit Card
Current Account Info
Current Account brochure
- Details can be viewed here:
Lost or Stolen Debit Card | Suspicious Transaction
- If you need to get in contact regarding a lost or stolen debit card or you are suspicious of a transaction on your debit card account please call our ‘Credit Union Card Services’ team on 01-693-3333.
The Fraud Awareness Booklet is available here.
Current Account & Debit Card T&C’s
Please click here.
In order to open a *Student Current Account and avail of a fee concession, you must be aged 16 – 25 years, resident in the Republic of Ireland and in full time third-level education. If you are 16 or 17 years of age, we require the consent of your parent or guardian for you to open an account.
*Senior members aged 66 years and over may receive a fee concession where there is a verified date of birth on their account.
Apple Pay, Google Pay and Fitbit Pay
To set-up Apple Pay, Google Pay and/or Fitbit Pay, just download the app, enter your Debit Card details by scanning the card or entering the details manually, and submit a One Time Passcode. Use wherever Contactless payments are accepted. You simply hold your mobile phone and/or Fitbit device near a payment terminal to make a Contactless payment.
Please note: your device must have NFC (Near Field Communication) Technology.
Further Information & Support
- For full details on T&Cs and Fees/Charges please visit currentaccount.ie
Check out our ‘Frequently Asked Questions‘ for more details.
The Currency Conversion Tool is available here.
Other Member Services
Find out everything you need to know about saving with Waterford Credit Union
- Why Save?
- How do I Save?
- Deposit Guarantee Scheme
- Types of Savings Accounts
Find out everything you need to know about insurance with Waterford Credit Union
- Loan Protection Insurance
- Life Savings Insurance
- Payment Protection Insurance
- Death Benefit Insurance Travel, Home & Car Insurance
Waterford Credit Union - a real and beneficial alternative to your bank.